Purchasing an RV represents a significant investment, so it’s important that you do everything you can to protect that investment. One of the best ways of protecting the body of your vehicle is to put on a clearcoat or polycoat.
Below are some thoughts from our body shop in Peoria, AZ about why polycoat is so beneficial for your RV and why you should consider applying it to your vehicle. Reach out to us anytime to learn more about polycoat and its benefits!
- It refreshes the look of your RV: There’s something about a fresh coat of clearcoat that makes a vehicle so much more attractive. It’s shiny, sleek and clear, and makes the vehicle look brand new again, especially when it’s just been applied after a cleaning. You can take years off the appearance of your RV with a fresh layer of polycoat.
- It’s cheaper than most other finishes: There are a lot of different types of finishes available for vehicles, and all of them come with varying levels of expense. Given the high-quality appearance that polycoat provides, it comes at a much more reasonable price tag than a lot of the other options you’ll find on the market. This means you’ll be able to protect the vehicle’s body and get a great appearance while still saving a chunk of change over some of the other available options.
- It protects your paint job: We’ve alluded to this a bit already, but a great clearcoat goes a long way toward protecting your paint job. Paint that is not protected with a finish is likely to begin fading at certain points, or is much more easily scratched or chipped. Avoid those issues with a high-quality polycoat finish.
- It prevents oxidizing: Rust can form on the body of an RV (or any other type of vehicle) if there is no layer of wax or clearcoat protecting it from the elements. Lack of such a coating exposes a vehicle to moisture, and long-term exposure to moisture, debris, salt and other elements can make rust much more likely to form.
- It’s relatively maintenance free: Once you’ve got your polycoat applied, you don’t have to worry about waxing or buffing the vehicle for an entire year, meaning there’s significantly less maintenance required to keep it looking its very best. This is a big benefit for people who want to protect their RV but don’t have the interest, time or budget it takes to perform constant maintenance to the vehicle.
- It doesn’t require additional paint jobs: Once you’ve got your clearcoat on, that’s it—you don’t need to worry about reapplying paint or doing anything else to the body until it finally becomes time to refresh your polycoat.
Looking for more information about what makes a polycoat so beneficial for RV owners who are looking to protect their investment? Contact our auto body shop in Peoria, AZ today and we’ll be happy to answer any additional questions you have about polycoat. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: RV Repair